free website stats program

Saturday, August 06, 2011

Such a Day it Was

Today Alec and I visited our public library for the first time this summer. While there, Alec received his very own library card. He was extremely excited - over the moon in fact. I shared his enthusiam but was a bit surprised that he was so very taken with it. As he cradled it in his hot little hands, I asked him which book he would check out first. ``Oh no Mommy,`` he responded, ``I`m going to use it like one of those credit cards you have``.

On the way out, I spotted an attractive display that gave us the opportunity to name the library`s new dragon mascot. As I was explaining to Alec what it was all about, he was positioning the paper to start writing. I was immediately impressed, and wondered what he could possibly have come up with so quickly. As he wrote his suggestion he said to me (in a loud voice) ``I think we should name him after my Grandpa`` (also named Alec), then (in a whisper), ``really I want to name him after me.``

Finally, see Alec on his new slip `n` slide. We were not hot, just looking for some late-in-the-day action.
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Alec-aholic. Make your own badge here.