free website stats program

Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Reach Out And Touch Someone (or Something)




Two weeks ago, Alec's Grandpa said Alec's name during a time when Alec was quite fussy. Alec stopped what he was doing (i.e. fussing) and looked directly at his Grandpa, leaving no doubt in my mind that Alec knew his name. As much as two weeks earlier, I would say Alec's name just before launching into a little game and he would smile and/or giggle, but I wasn't sure whether he knew that he was Alec, or just that my using the word Alec was an indication of good things to come. Armed with the knowledge that Alec knew his name, I started incorporating it more into the songs we sing (by making them up or substituting his name for others used in the song). He loved this and I was content with knowing that he knew the meaning of one word.

Alec has, however, already added a second word to his vocabulary. He touches on demand (specifically his Dad's demand), immediatly and without exception. I wonder what will be next ...
www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing public photos from Alec-aholic. Make your own badge here.